A good bookkeeping course in Canada teaches you basic bookkeeping practices and develops skills about how to record financial transactions, verify, and analyze financial details. You will dive into the world of sales, purchasing, inventories, budgeting, cost control, payroll, and more. You will learn to apply your new skills at small businesses or within the accounting departments of large corporations.
A good bookkeeping course in Canada covers instruction on the accounting equation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, inventory, payroll, budgets, and the controls, and records management required to maintain accurate and compliant company accounts.
The main objective of a good bookkeeping course in Canada is to make students learn about
- Business transactions, double-entry system, and the banking system.
- Payroll and ledger accounts.
- Reconciliation and preparing the trial balance.
- Demonstration of basic math and computer skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Describing how to use accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Create financial reports using accounting software to complete bookkeeping tasks, ensure accuracy in receiving and recording payment, handle banking transactions, and monitor business accounts.
- Explaining financial statements, with attention to detail, from financial records of the organization.
- Applying proper procedures for controlling an organization’s financial documentation and guarding against misappropriation of its funds.
- Applying proper procedures for receiving and recording cash, cheques, and vouchers, in compliance with federal, provincial, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to produce financial statements and reports for proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Prepare individual income tax returns in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations using tax preparation software.
The curriculum of a good bookkeeping course in Canada is required to be designed to provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level positions in bookkeeping in a variety of business settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is bookkeeping difficult to learn?
Certain aspects of bookkeeping can be complex, but ultimately it requires hard work and studying just like other courses. Bookkeeping is not hard to learn, as long as you are comfortable with basic arithmetic, attention to detail, working with spreadsheets, and using basic accounting software. If you follow a systemized bookkeeping course that is designed to take you from zero knowledge of bookkeeping to launching and growing your own bookkeeping business.
2. How long does it take to learn bookkeeping?
Learning bookkeeping from scratch takes anywhere between 1-2 weeks depending on the complexity and length of the course you take on. Overall, getting started in bookkeeping will not require a huge time commitment, but more time and effort will be required if you want to progress your career as a bookkeeper.
3. What is the best way to learn bookkeeping?
The best way to learn bookkeeping quickly is to get hands-on in your own time. Bookkeeping courses are an excellent way to learn how to look after the business accounts without dipping into cash to get educated and become financially literate. Bookkeeping courses are great if you like a systematic approach to learning new skills rather than searching random bits of information off the internet.
4. What qualifications do I need to be a bookkeeper?
Most bookkeeping qualifications are at the diploma or certificate level. You don’t require certification to be a bookkeeper. However, having a bookkeeping certification can help you land a job. The bookkeeping qualifications employers will look for depend on the level at which you intend to work.
The bookkeeping course at GetTrainedGetHired will help you develop the confidence you need to reach for your career goals because we integrate job search prep into your studies. Reach out to Gettrainedgethired.com to book a free 30-Minute career counseling meeting. At Gettrainedgethired.com we provide you with the necessary training to learn practical skills to become an accountant. Our training is based on practical real-life cases. After the training, we work on your resume and try to place you in accounting firms through our network. You will also get access to like-minded individuals who are looking for jobs through our WhatsApp group. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Or call us at 647-870-6986.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is intended to provide general information. The information does not consider your situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from professionals. Salman Rundhawa and Gettrainedgethired.com will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.